Would you like to work for a garden centre that recently celebrated its 100th year in business? Highfield Garden World is proud to be independent and family-owned, with a fantastic team of dedicated staff. Some have worked at the centre for over 20 years and have helped it grow and develop into the thriving business you see today.
Junior Sous Chef
Our Restaurant is extremely popular, not just because we serve delicious home-cooked food and freshly baked cakes, but also because of our lovely friendly and helpful staff.
We are looking for a full time enthusiastic and motivated Junior Sous Chef to join our kitchen team. We are very proud of the food we serve wonderfully fresh home-cooked food sourced as locally as possible in our Restaurant to an extremely high standard.
Duties include –
- Ensuring food is prepped and served with pride
- Support the Head Chefs in the day to day running of the kitchen
- Working to GP guidelines and recipes to ensure consistency
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Be part of a hard-working team & liaising with the FoH team to deliver a food experience that keeps our customers coming back
- Be passionate about fresh food and open to learning new skills
- Contribute to menu changes
- Ensuring a safe and compliant working environment
What we are looking for
- Have previous experience and confidence in fresh food preparation
- Be a good communicator
- Be ready for anything – no two days are the same
– No split shifts or evening work
– Uniform provided
– Free car parking onsite
– Generous discount in the Restaurant & Garden Centre
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward your CV to Lucy Andrews – email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 30th May 2022
We look forward to hearing from you!